Thursday, May 20, 2004


max richter - the blue notebooks



Most music seems to affect us via one of two gates: in chakra terms, that's either the muladhara, or root chakra, located between the anus and the genitals (that would be rock 'n' roll and PJ Harvey, then), or the manipura chakra, the solar plexus chakra, the realm associated with emotions and gut feelings (need I say? The Reykjavik Connection?). It happens, though, from time to time, that you find yourself listening to something that has totally galvanised you - but neither in the goolies, nor in the gut - and you find yourself stroking your chin and thinking, 'Hmm, if my memory (of the Seven Primary Chakras) serves me right, this seems to be tickling my sixth, or ajna chakra .' Then, 'My God!' (appropriately enough) 'So I do still have a soul!'

(read the full review here)

No comments: